Saturday, December 19, 2009

Coloured felt balls



Easy felt balls




We went to our local yarn store to get some organic merino which just happens to be a fair drive (10 minutes or so - that is not very local to me) and we came across a store I have only heard about. The boys  were entranced and in wonderment over the wooden toys and felt and other creations. The Friendship Tree.
My eldest son was so happy to see 3 felt balls for $1. So I gave the boys a $1 each to buy them. They were so excited. I told them we could make them at home. Silly me, thought there would be nothing to it but it was harder than I thought.


 The kids with their roving.





The pink one is a bought one, the purple by my girl. She did well.

Later on, my eldest boy and I tried again with varied results.

No comments: