Thursday, December 10, 2009

Chunky granny progress


Chunky granny wip Dec 8th
Originally uploaded by inakid

I have finished this blanket for now. It is a beautiful size though I may be tempted to increase later. The last round is in alpaca plum and I adore the colour. I weaved in the ends last night and kept it on the bed and I enjoyed the warmth I really needed. Yes, its Summer but it feels like Winter.
I estimate it has cost me $100 in yarn to make and wonder if I can justify $50 to make it just that much bigger. I think it is worth it, I love the wools I have used - Cascade Eco, Rowan Purelife, Plymouth and Cascade alpaca with a little Malabrigo chunky in the centre, the neutral colours are fantastic.
I have enjoyed making this in bed, especially as it made its way over my feet.

No comments: