Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Not perfect

Been kinda busy with 5 children and one being dependent on me. I am not perfect, just like life and my country. I know Australia is not perfect, plenty of problems, which country is perfect? But I do love where I live. I have no interest in going eleswhere to be honest but that has more to with my distrust of planes staying in the air while I am on it. Anyway, I have found a video that sort of sums up how I feel about my country of birth. "Not Perfect" by Tim Minchin.

I am not perfect but I am very happy in my life. I am living by instinct but still with a desire to learn and grow. I swing between being extremist in my views then I read something or experience hardship then I relax and figure we can only do the best with what we have. Its all a journey that does not start with perfection, its all practice even to the end.
Big kids are enjoying the school holidays though my daughter is very keen to get back to school as she has been invited to participate in the Independent Learning Program. Basically she will be responsible for her own learning and choose most of the topics to research. Maybe like unschooling but she can use the resources at school. I am happy for her.


J is talking more and more each day. Using pictures and him repeating the words has been helpful. He reads along with Av and Dad.
Day is 2 months old now. He likes cuddles so he is mostly in arms. There is some help with N being very much into just coming by and taking him from my arms. All the kids are helpful at times and so I am coping with a full house at this time. I am not keen on any more children, I am very happy with the five. I am happy that the 4 boys and girl I always thought I would have became a reality.


Just a few photos of my smallest boy who likes cuddles, breastmilk (though he often brings it up), babywearing, co-sleeping and looking at Mama and sometimes smiling. He is grown more in the past 4 weeks than in the previous. He is now close to 6kgs. He enjoys nappy free tummy time, may think about EC soon.

No comments: